Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bringing Up Nuj

I moved over some of the supporting scripts, added environment variables to my .bashrc, and updated my path to include PostgreSQL. While attempting to create a superuser for the Django instance, I discovered I needed to install psycopg2, the Python-PostgreSQL interface library.

After much round and round, I found the magic formula*:

pat@stoat:~ $ sudo easy_install -U setuptools
password:
pat@stoat:~ $ export PATH="$PATH:/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin"
pat@stoat:~ $ sudo easy_install psycogp2

There were a lot of 'defined but not used' warnings, but it succeeded. I haven't tested it yet. I guess that's next.

*A prerequisite is Xcode, which I downloaded from Apple. It's not part of the formula, per se, since I suppose most folks will probably already have it installed. (I would have, were I not working with a new hard-drive and OS install.)

Useful links:

No comments:

Post a Comment